Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Morning Devotions

Hello all!

Again, I apologize for the last post. It was, indeed, a time of intense sadness. I should have known it, but God supplied me with just as intense of a dose of his love. And the love of others (you know who you guys are), so I am feeling much better.

Well, instead of morning devotions, I figured I would devote this time to thanking God for the simple things I have. I am listening to "Lucky" by Jason Mraz, you be the judge if it has any bearing on my post.

I will start off with the simple things I just notice, then continue up till the bigger things.

I am grateful for sight, smell, and hearing. Without which this world would be terribly drab.
I am grateful for French Roast. You make my mornings better everyday.
I am grateful to Jason Mraz, your music is so amazing.
I am grateful for Ramen Noodles (particularly the beef variety) for being a quick meal that fills my stomach.
I am grateful to Walmart for supplying the cup I drink from (it is a Walmart safety mug. All the time I worked there and this is all I have to show of it).
I am grateful to scat vocals, started by Ella Fitzgerald and continued by Jason Mraz.
I am grateful for music. God knew what he was doing.
I am grateful for the effect that coffee has on the body; the atmosphere it brings is just too wonderful to describe.
I am grateful for snow. It is snowing where I live, and it is magical.
I am grateful to food. Not only does it provide nourishment, it is a great conduit of amazing conversation with people!
I am grateful for boots, you will make today less miserable.
I am grateful for friends. Not only do they make life endurable, but they also make it a fun time. They are always there, and for that I am also grateful.
I am grateful for love. You make life so difficult sometimes, and at the same time you are what life is worth living for. Trust me, as much as sometimes I don't feel it, I know I am loved, and it is the best feeling ever!
I am grateful to God, for life, love, and everything! Without Him the prior list wouldn't be possible.

If you didn't notice, I am just grateful today. It is nice. I am know God is doing some amazing things with me, in me and through me. I will let you guys know about them later.

Story still in the editing process, I have to get it done soon, so don't worry.

Much love,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment