Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thinking over Breakfast

We have this awesome little restaurant, where I live, called Before and After Cafe. All of the locals just call it the B and A. I have to say, I will miss it when I go to college.

It isn't often that you find little places like this that serve breakfast all day long, and on top of that, do it cheaply. I just ordered 2 eggs (over medium), sour dough toast, bacon and home fries--for like $5.50. Coffee is cheap and free on the refills as well.

Today has been one of those crazy days, you know. The kind of day where you have to get up early, sing at 7 in the morning, skip breakfast, sit in an auto-body shop for 45 minutes, eat a cheap frozen dinner because you are starving, then go upstairs and do "school" for a while.

You know, those days.

The blessing in all of this is that my father gave me his MAC card (I am broke, always...) to go get some lunch. And for this, I am grateful. I feasted like a king, and enjoyed every minute of it.

I love looking around this facility and observing all the hidden quarks of it all. there are pipes sticking out of inappropriate places in the walls, only to be covered in paint to follow the trim, there is a T.V. in the corner with a regular flipping through the channels.

Truth be told, he is a regular at a lot of restaurants. My old place of employment, a little restaurant called Select, he comes in on Tuesday nights and gets a plate of spaghetti with grilled cheese (which isn't even on the menu). He is a great guy with some interesting piercings and little pieces of wood in his ears.

Holy crap! I just looked at the one dry-erase board in here.... B & A has a facebook page.

Awesome.

I wish I could write more, but I have to go to my job as an intern. Duty calls, as always.

For those of you who read this, if any body (I wonder how bloggers get readers... maybe I should advertise it on facebook or something...), please pray for me. I have to have a very difficult conversation that could end a friendship. Maybe I will write about it at some point.

Much love,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment